28 October 2007
BUT here is what I've been up to:
+listening to Wilco's Sky Blue Sky
+playing with cute little kids
+figuring out next semester's schedule
+envying everything San Francisco
+writing a new short story
So yeah. I've been busy. Oh, throw being an RA and an 18-hour student in there, too. And attempting to be a good friend/girlfriend.
22 October 2007
Apparently the actors actually improvised like half the lines to give it more of a feeling of reality. Well, they achieved that. It's absolutely fantastic in every which way.
Also, just because I find it funny, four of the cast characters are in the new blockbuster Knocked Up, and the whole show is produced by Judd Apatow, who also produced the aforementioned flick. Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jason Segel (the friend of Seth Rogen who hit on the older sister), and Martin Starr (the shoe-bomber) are all in this!
Go rent it/buy it/steal it.
21 October 2007
Here's are my two favorites of all time- I even saved them on my computer!!
I tried to upload some of this week's secrets on the site, but I guess Frank put a new block up. I also went into some Facebook Postsecret groups (SLU Postsecret being one of them) and pulled these:
APPARENTLY, it's in this season. I really wanted some and me and Pete were at the mall last weekend. He was kind enough to suggest going to Claire's (I think the last time I had gone into that store was when I was maybe 11). They had neon colors there, and they were cheeeeeap!
(my bottles are smaller and cuter)
But Franny and Zooey...it's REALLY good. I'm only about 30 pages in so far, but I love it.
I also spent a good amount of time at a local bookstore (Left Bank Books, it's awesome) yesterday and bought used copies of The Time Traveler's Wife and A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. I'm pretty excited about both of them, but I'm still hyped most for Franny and Zooey.
I love the simplicity of J.D. Salinger's novels.
My favorite quote so far: (and I actually had to go back in the book to find this, and I couldn't highlight it because it's being borrowed from Stevesie)
" 'I know this much, is all,' Franny said. 'If you're a poet, you do something beautiful. I mean you're supposed to leave something beautiful after you get off the page and everything. The ones you're talking about don't leave a single, solitary thing beautiful. All that maybe the slightly better ones do is sort of get inside your head and leave something there, but just because they do, just because they know how to leave something, it doesn't have to be a poem, for heaven's sake. It may just be some kind of terribly fascinating, syntaxy droppings.' "
18 October 2007
15 October 2007
(image via flickr)
I am feeling a bit under the weather today.
But I do have some announcements.
1. I'm going to see The Darjeeling Limited tonight! It's finally in St. Louis at the Tivoli Theatre. I'm super excited. Hopefully I can still go. I'm going to. It will be 100% worth it, I can feel it.
2. Happy birthday, Mary!! Hope it's a great one filled with music and laughter.
(image via here)
3. I am currently addicted to flickr.
Maybe more tonight. I hope.
14 October 2007
That was my favorite scene. For real.
By no means would I want a life like hers, but man...the Sofia Coppola film doesn't seem too bad, until all the junk at the end. I love all the decadence of this.
I also love that in one scene, you can see a pair of Chucks in the background, and also, a bunch of little kids are playing in a fort made of blankets. I really love this movie. It is so...DECADENT! I want to wear gorgeous, big dresses and play in the Palace of Versailles! I don't know about having 80 gazillion people wait on me, though. That I would not be a fan of...
13 October 2007
12 October 2007
It has Micheal Ian Black, David Wain, and Michael Showalter. They used to be in a comedy troupe, called Stella, and that is why the show has that title.
Check it out. You won't regret it. It's hilarious.
*I looked for youtube clips of this show, but the only thing that I could find were Stella troupe clips*
11 October 2007
Here's some pictures from when me, Pete, and Frank went to visit them tonight! It brightened my evening.
Pete with a lil baby puppy.
I really like this picture of Frank and Spencer.
Right after this picture was taken, I scooped him up into my arms!
I love this little fuzzy guy.
To find the Humane Society closest to you, check out their website.
There are lots of other places that are offering discounts/certain deals, and then they are donating a TON of money to breast cancer research. It's so cool. I love seeing people pull together like this.
Some things to consider:
the clay pot - precious jewelery with sterling silver, 14K gold, and really pretty diamonds.
mark - customizable beauty and fashion. pretty cheap, too.
lily mcneal - pretty, soft clothes! beautifully made. quite expensive.
saks fifth avenue - you know it.
figments - wonderful hand-crafted goodies, like notebooks and plates
kickpleat - cute cute cute site! clothes, shoes, accessories
figleaves - oooh la la! lingerie, swimwear, etc
crane - lovely stationary
clinique - simple make-up solutions
09 October 2007
I've been studying for it the last few nights, which is why I haven't been blogging.
PS: This is a cute picture of my lil sis studying when she was a wee freshie. She's a senior now! I cannot believe it!!
Love ya, Emme!
07 October 2007
Kurt Halsey is definitely my favorite contemporary artist. He creates beautiful, heartfelt paintings and drawings that are very, VERY true to life. Everytime he updates his site, I practically jump for joy. Next time I'm up in Chicago, I want to make a run to the studio where he is showing his art, because I would really love to see it in person.
These are some of my favorite pieces:
Wow, I really just said that...cool I guess.
IT'S A CUP-A-CAKE!!
And see, in this pictures, it confuses me because they're all upside down. Which is fine and everything, I just wasn't aware that they could even stay put if they're upside down!! So that's great.
Even though I haven't made cupcakes in awhile...these will give me quite a good reason to do so.
05 October 2007
001. I can spend hours on the internet, looking at cutesy crafty blogs/sites/etc.
002. I love waking up late and stretching for an hour, then finally getting out of bed after reading for a bit.
003. Laughing is one of my favorite activities.
004. I have an amazing family.
005. I acquire new music at a rapid rate and then don't listen to it for long periods of time.
006. I am a college kid who rarely drinks alcohol. This is, unfortunately, a rarity.
007. The smell of newspaper makes me happy.
008. I incredibly dislike cabbage and touching toes.
009. I also incredibly dislike waking up hungry.
010. I have started baking and cooking for real, and I must say, I'm really loving it.
011. My boyfriend is stupendously wonderful. No one makes me happier.
012. Writing soothes me.
013. I love giving gifts, especially if it is a gift of something that has taken me a long time to make.
014. I feel as though IKEA is one of God's greatest gifts to man.
015. I really enjoy doing things that most other people find odd.
016. Filling out online surveys make me happy.
017. I have two great roommates this summer.
018. It has been taking me forever to read books lately.
019. The quickest way to my heart would involve chocolate somethings, great, meaningful conversations, and lots of laughter. A playground wouldn't hurt, either. Or a picnic! Or sandcastles!
020. I really enjoy sand castles.
021. I have an almost romantic love with the English language. Yes, it's crude, but it's really all I know.
022. I wanted to be a fighter pilot for a really long time and fly an F-18 jet.
023. I enjoy sunrises over sunsets.
024. I have lots of guilty pleasures, but generally, I like reading/watching/seeing rich girls' drama. It gives me closure or something. Examples of this are: Sex and the City, trashy tabloid magazines, and the Gossip Girls book series.
025. Even though I claim to hate rap, I really enjoy dancing around naked to it after showering.
026. The Boy Least Likely To pretty much perfectly sings how I feel about life right now.
027. So does I'm From Barcelona.
028. It took me a long time to learn how to nap...almost 19 years....but it's a wonderful thing.
029. I love catching fireflies. It's like having a little speck of magic cupped between my hands.
030. I love the word SPARKLE.
031. I wish there were better climbing trees around.
032. I wear my scars proudly.
033. My mom signed me up for ballet lessons so I would be less clumsy.
034. Summer thunderstorms are the best.
035. I love curling up in a cold bed during the winter...then heating up the sheets.
036. I am an over-packer learning how to under-pack.
037. I cry during movies...very often.
038. I miss being five.
039. But I love having freedom and my own responsibilities.
040. I feel very grossly powerful when I have all the masters to the dorms at SLU.
041. I am definitely a girl who drives with the windows down- even on the highway.
042. I am a firm believer in fate.
043. One of my favorite childhood memories is going apple-picking with my family.
044. I enjoy making new memories...especially with you.
045. I really hate state fairs. There's lots of hoosiers, smelly animals, and weird rides. I don't like rides.
046. I do love
047. I can't wait to have kids and drive a mini-van.
048. Wes Anderson is a genius. That's not even my opinion, it's fact.
049. My favorite drink is water. And GATORADE RAIN.
050. My first love was Lance Bass.
051. Hearing old songs from the past always brings back good feelings.
052. I love random conversations with strangers.
053. I have dreams of living in a small cottage when I'm old in Santa Fe, picking the homegrown lavender from my backyard, and listening to soothing music while I rest my weary bones.
054. I strive to make people happy.
055. Technology sometimes scares me, but it always gets me excited.
056. I usually don't understand people my age.
057. When I get tired, I NEED to sleep.
058. I am horrible at doing any kind of accents.
059. I prefer sleeping with: nightlights, soft music playing, and/or my boyfriend (the boy is my first choice)
060. I really love nature, even though I don't spend nearly enough time in it.
061. I firmly believe in the power of prayer.
062. I'm definitely a believer of Slumber Party Theology: compassion, giggles, friendliness, and lots of genuine love.
063. I hate that there are copyright laws on music. I know it's what makes the most sense, but for God's sake, there's freaking CD burners, blank CDs, etc all for sale...so yeah.
064. I can watch the introduction screens on DVDs for...well, a really long time.
065. I'm totally obsessed with fashion magazines.
066. I love cutesy baby animals. I spent like an hour watching videos on youtube.
067. I can watch the same episodes of Family Guy, Sex and the City, and Arrested Development over and over again.
068. I secretly sometimes imagine I'm a: pirate, sports player, fashionista, bank robber, spy, model, and artist.
069. Mix tapes are the shit. I wish they still existed.
070. I'm a huge fan of really girly chick flicks.
071. I like bug-eyed sunglasses.
072. I want to learn how to play the guitar, ukulele, drums, mandolin, harp, and saxophone.
073. The phrases "isn't she/he a bit of terrific?", "you're a peach!", and "are you on the level?" REALLY need to get back into regular rotation.
074. Jack Nicholson scares me, even though he's a great actor.
075. I wish that men still walked around wearing suits and top hats, and girls wearing fabulous evening gowns. It just seems so glamorous.
076. I'm really excited to have my own garden and plant pretty flowers.
077. I enjoy listening to people laugh, especially if they have odd laughs.
078. My favorite color is pink, my favorite flower is roses and daisies, and my favorite flavor of most everything is cherry.
079. I'm a stickler for tourist attractions.
080. I really dislike The Cosby Show, Golden Girls, and Home Improvement. If you ever stumble upon me watching it...I'm definitely not paying attention.
081. I can spend hours in museums and just wander and wonder.
082. I like recording as many things as I can on my camera by taking pictures. Someday I'm not going to remember these days, and I'll appreciate it, and so will everyone else that I know now that thinks it's creepy.
083. My mind loves to daydream, even when it knows it should be paying attention.
084. I like to think that someday I could remove myself from contemporary society, but I'm pretty sure that I would freak out without a cell phone or the internet. And that thought breaks my heart.
085. If I could have a truck filled with ANYTHING, it would be glitter. Ghettofabulous? Perhaps, but I still loooove it. (thanks, Mary M)
086. I know he cheated.
087. The one time of the day that I can really lose myself is when I'm drifting off to sleep. Sometimes, during the day, that's the thing that I look forward to the most.
088. Sometimes I think that I should have been born a boy. That is because I like dressing down more than dressing up, I enjoy things that Boy Scouts did more than Girl Scouts, and I get along better with guys now than I do with the ladies. Also, I think that girls are prettier to look at sometimes (want a list? I could give it to you).
089. I hate it when the computer does things that I don't want it to (like the fact that it's skipping lines when I press "enter" right now).
090. It was hard for me to talk about myself for 90 things.
091. I want to have a hoop skirt and wander around log cabins, but only for maybe an hour.
092. I want a garden like the person from Harriet the Spy (the movie), where there were glass bottles everywhere and stone gardens and boxes of ties and bubbles.
093. I am beginning to think that Martha Stewart is amazing (I like her IDEAS, not her SELF).
094. I would rather spend time at home on Fridays/Saturdays than going out- most of the time. Unless there's a sweet concert or festival, at least.
095. I have been looking for this specific type of soap for what has now been five years. I'm pretty sure I'll never find it again. Oh well.
096. I feel this immense connection to nature, but I don't let myself go into it often enough.
097. Sometimes I find myself in more of a dream world and thinking a lot about my future instead of living in the today.
098. I really like SARK. A lot.
099. I have a semicolon tattoo.
100. I fear for today's children- that they are more of a technology-centered crowd.
03 October 2007
But it's late and I have to go to bed because I am going to school tomorrow, and then Pete and I are driving up to Chicago to see Beirut play. Then we're going to drive back to the StL, and hopefully get back before 4 AM. So I need to go to sleep so I don't fall asleep tomorrow in the car.
Beirut is amazing. Haven't heard of them? Check them/him out. Zach Condon is a cutie pie.
This weekend I shall update...a LOT. You will get sick of me.