06 February 2011

Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite Health and Beauty Products

**EDIT: I started writing this post on 2/6 (Sunday) hoping to schedule it to post on Tuesday morning (2/8). I am now revisiting it on 2/9 and am embarrassed because I could only think of eight products. Oh well!

As a person who rarely wears make-up (seriously - the last time I wore it was at my wedding which was...sevenish months ago) this Ten on Tuesday made me think. So here are my picks.

1. Lip Balm/Chapstick. I was very loyal to Smackers chapstick in grade school. Now I usually use Burt's Bees or Chapstick. I also recently bought some Dr. Bronner's lip balm, which is pretty good.

2. Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap All-One! - Amazing. I prefer the lavender but peppermint is also great.

3. Twinlab Na PCA with Aloe Vera - also amazing. I needed a moisturizer and this one had very very high reviews on vitacost (which I also highly recommend) and I went for it. Love to use it under shaving cream. Makes everything so soft!

4. Perfume. This is my one accessory. I love Chanel Chance in the winter and Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue in the warmer months.

5. Lavender Salt Scrub from K. Hall Designs - so yummy. So soft. One problem - the little exfoliating beads are annoying to scrub out of our shower after I use it. But it's totally worth it!

6. Gummy Vitamins - normal multivitamins scare me because they are so big. And hard to swallow. And they taste funny if they get stuck in the back of your throat (which they normally do, for me). So I started taking ADULT gummy multivitamins and they're great. They taste good and I don't worry about not getting them down (okay, okay, insert THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID joke here).

7. Skintimate Shaving Cream - been using the same stuff since I first started shaving. The pink bottle, for sensitive skin. It smells like baby powder. Love it.

8. Jergen's lotion. Any kind is a miracle.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I take the kids' gummy vitamins--they each get two (LEo gets one) and I get three. They're like a little treat in the middle of the day, and they never make me feel bad. Of course, I'm not getting any A or iron from them...and I know I need the iron...sigh.