01 July 2008

Literary Tattoos

I found this website, Contrariwise today, via kirtsy, that exhibits pictures of people with tattoos quoting books or music. I thought it was really cool. Before I got my semicolon tattoo, I had a really hard time figuring out what I wanted to get. I thought about getting the courier version of text a-z winding around my ankle, but I'm glad I decided against that. All in all, me and Kathleeny made a pretty good decision, I think ;)

These are some of my favorites...

From To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee


From On the Road, Jack Kerouac


From The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein


From The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath


From The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint Exupéry

There are, however, some of the song tattoos that I decided not to post but instead just got upset. Do you really want to be 80 years old, with your entire thigh covered in quotes from a Cartel song? Yuck, I wouldn't.

I think I'll just stick with my semicolon, thank you very much.

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

Yes. It is one thing to pick your favorite, classic, novel and have a tiny little quote somewhere etched upon your person. It is a sad, stupid thing to have song lyrics from a fly by night band etched anywhere. Flannery O'Connor on one hand, Fergie on the other. Don't do it.

Laura said...

love this post! thanks for the heads up about that site...what a fantastic find!

Laura B said...

KAYLEN! I was bored at work and remembered that you have a lovely blog. Also, this made me really want a Little Prince tattoo like no other.

love your former 7G daughter,

laura