02 April 2008

I feel like I grew up more today...

Okay. I'm young, I'll be the first to admit it. I'm not even 20 yet (only...13 MORE DAYS!) but I had never been to a cemetery until today. Uncle Leo, a lovely man from Pete's family, passed away after catching pneumonia. Pneumonia scares me. It really just grabs older people by surprise and then, well...it's just sad and scary.

I hadn't been to a funeral for a long time, but I'm really glad I went. Not just to support Pete, but to see everyone else in his family and really, just celebrate a wonderful man who moved on.

Uncle Leo, I hope you're having a good time, listening to jazz music and drinking your favorite wine. <3

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I was so glad to see you, and Mary, there today. I still kind of can't grasp that Leo is gone. It was sort of odd today. But good.