13 February 2010

Best Fictional Couples EVER

Inspired by the Secret Society of List Addicts

1. Weetzie Bat & My Secret Agent Lover Man - from my favorite book, Weetzie Bat. I love their relationship - and the writing style, thanks to Francesca Lia Block - because it just seems so real. Not only are they madly in love, but they have problems and issues. And they're just adorable.

2. Clare Abshire and Henry DeTamble - from The Time Traveler's Wife. No, I haven't seen the movie. So I can still love the book and not feel sad about the world completely butchering it. Anyway - their relationship is heartbreakingly gorgeous. If you haven't read The Time Traveler's Wife, I very highly recommend it.



And you know what? I was going to finish this and think of more fictional couples I love, but I think I'm going to go make Pete a last minute Valentine (we just exchanged books this year, and no flowers/chocolates/cards...but I think I'm going to cheat).

Also - just as a heads up - Pete DID write a little something-something about me on his blog...it made me smile all night long.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Henry and Clare have always troubled me. I can't put my finger on it. I like the book a great deal but something about the idea of the timeline and the question of free will just tug at me.

My favorite fictional couples? Hmm. Maybe if I have time today I'll post.