06 March 2008

I like these things.

5 images (not photos from family albums) I love and why:

this picture will always remind me of that wonderful day in the park


My dad's a photographer and I feel like I really got a good shot of him here. I love how the sun plays off of his face.


I have such an amazing floor. Here we all are posing around our fireplace at Christmastime, wearing our floor shirts. All the smiles could cure the world.


Seeing this picture of Louie makes me want to cuddle him for forever.


Lastly, Natalie Dee sums it up perfectly.

5 years ago I was ...14 years old. I was in my second semester of high school as a freshman and I still didn't really like it, although I was constantly hanging out with Katherine, Kevin, and Sam. It's funny because I haven't talked to Kevin since this time and I hardly ever see KAR and Sam. I was just about to start working at Joanie's, too. At this point in the year, though, I still had a social life.

5 months ago I was ... working on Christmas gifts, in the middle of a huge artsy session- St. Louis' International Film Festival was going on and I was about to see Regina Spektor and Of Montreal. Good times indeed.

5 hours ago I was ... just starting my Professional Ethics class with Dr. Shore, one of the coolest dudes in the universe.

5 minutes ago I was ... working on this survey? And generally feeling cranky.

5 things on my 'to do' list today: 1) go to class; 2) wake up on time; 3) think positive; 4) talk to Cassie; 5) homework homework homework (I'm kind of boring today)

5 recent pieces of mail I've received: a coupon for Victoria's Secret (addressed to Lkaylen...what?), my voter registration card (finally, yay!), the April issue of Nylon Magazine, a CB2 catalogue, and the newest ReadyMade magazine.

5 things I would do if I became a billionaire: drop out of school and become a crafty fiend, travel to Europe, pay off all the current college debts, buy a trillion art supplies, and make my daddy retire from his job

5 of my bad habits: worrying too much, procrastinating on work, generally being lazy, getting angry at stupid people easily, and generally hating on technology when I don't understand it

5 good memories: family vacations (especially the Southwest and California), good grade school experiences (somewhat few and far between), spending summers outside in the sprinklers, helping mom work on art, and seeing The Parent Trap in theaters about nine times.

5 films I watch over and over again: Amelie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Royal Tenenbaums, Pretty in Pink, Sleepless in Seattle

5 places I've lived: Hmmm. House in Soulard, Gries 5th floor, Village, Gries 7th floor...?

5 songs I love: "D.A.N.C.E." Justice; "Heartbeats" Jose Gonzalez; "Falling in Love in a Coffee Shop" Landon Pigg; "Naked Eye" Luscious Jackson; "Love Shack" The B-52's

5 jobs I've had: busser at Joanie's/Vin de Set, conference assistant at SLU, worker at the soccer park, RA, extended day counselor at Wilson School

5 things most people don't know about me: I easily cry at sappy commercials (example: Sea World, Kodak, RICE KRISPIES...), I'm extremely overprotective of my family and friends (especially my residents), I get nervous easily but I wish I was fearless, I'm not really addicted to Facebook, and I know how much time I waste each day on the Internet- about five hours. Sad, sad, sad.

5 things in my virtual shopping bags: Clear bubble umbrella from Target, Candy Glass Pedestals from Urban Outfitters, Madame Powder Puff from Bell'ochio, Alphabet Stamps from Cox & Cox,
and the Eames Hold-it-All from MoMA.

5 books I love to death: Weetzie Bat, The Time Traveler's Wife, Eat Pray Love, The History of Love, Naked

5 things that are out of place around my house: my winter coat, a ton of picture frames, dishes, cookies, and crafty supplies

5 films I want to see: 12 Angry Men, Junebug, Saturday Night Fever, Run, Fat Boy, Run, Mrs. Pettigrew Lives for a Day

5 things I love to eat: Samoas, Babybel cheese with Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Triscuits, Ding-dongs, apples

5 destinations I'm dying to see: Paris, France; all of Italy; all of India; Bali, Indonesia; more of New York City

5 scents I love: rain, Chanel Chance, caramel, the ocean/beach, leather

5 people (who are not blood relations or in-laws) who have had a positive impact on my life: Ms. Vilimek, Megan K., Pete W., Kathleen O'M., Alyson D.

via la vie en rose


No comments: