14 April 2009

My Mystery Day



So, for my birthday, Pete told me that he would take me on a mystery day. Basically I had no idea what was going on. He would drive. He printed out directions from place to place.

I LOVED this idea. So we did it, this past Saturday. We left around 9:30, and stop number one was...



Mississippi Mud House! I've been wanting to go here for almost a year now, and every time I had suggested it something else had come up. I was SO EXCITED to finally check it out! Since it was early (for me, at least), I just got a bowl of homemade granola with fresh yogurt and fruit on top. Yes, it was as delicious as it sounds. Pete got some big breakfast thing with eggs and potatoes and bacon and general yumminess.




After eating, we moved on to the next stop...Swing Around Fun Town! We were walking into the arcade, and Pete said, "Have you ever been here?" Heck yes! The last time I was there was during my 8th Grade Mystery Day Trip. Hysterical.



We play 27 holes of mini golf (I kept thinking I was playing the Wii...), then spent (eep!) about $20 in the arcade, playing a samurai simulator (Pete), skeeball (me), air hockey, Deal or No Deal, and bowling. It was AWESOME.






We then proceeded on to Lone Elk Park. My parents went there a couple months back, when the season was changing from summer to fall. Basically, you drive into the park, and there are free-roaming elks and bison. It's pretty trippy. And kind of scary to be like five feet away from a (potentially) charging bison. Pete had managed to sneak a cooler in the trunk of the car, full of sandwich things, grapes, brie, and crackers, so we pulled onto the side of the road, found a picnic table, and had a little picnic. It was yummy!





We also made a quick stop at the World Bird Sanctuary. I had never been there before, but it was pretty cool! There were like eight bald eagles there. I had never seen one up close. Also, there were these ADORABLE little owls, called Screech Owls, that would have literally fit into the palm of my hand. I wanted one so bad. But judging by the name...I would probably get sick of them pretty fast.



That was pretty much the end of the day. We were going to go to Crown Candy, but...


After that disappointment, we got our stuff together and drove to Cairo for the holiday weekend. I had such a great time there, even though I spent the majority of it writing papers. The good news? They're all finished (pretty much)!!!

So...thanks for the awesome day, Peter dearest!

3 comments:

Laura said...

fun fun fun!
oh how thoughtful he is.

Bridgett said...

You guys are so flippin cute.

mh said...

What a sweet boy! And a sweet girl! And a fun day!