15 March 2010

20 Questions

Copied from Bridgett, again...

1. Explain what ended your last relationship?

Like Bridgett, I did. After listening to everyone close to me say, "really? you're still with him?" for over a year. It took awhile but I'm glad it happened eventually, for obvious reasons...

2. When was the last time you shaved?

Yikes...probably at least two weeks ago. I get lazy in the winter.

3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?

I think I was still asleep at that time. I woke up at 8:30ish to write a paper, that I am currently procrastinating on.

4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?

Writing said paper.

5. Some things you are excited about?

I'm excited about going up to Chicago in a few weeks. It's been since October since I've seen my family. I'm also excited-slash-terrified for graduation, which is two months from today. Also excited about my future, whatever it may bring.

6. What is your favorite flavor of JELL-O?

Cherry, hands down. I like cherry flavored whatever.

7. Your prom night, what do you remember about it?

I had a cute pink dress that I LOVED and another girl had the same one (I looked better, I was way skinny and the dress was one of those straight-up-and-down numbers, and she had some junk in the trunk). I loved having one last hurrah with my girlfriends. I love dancing. One of my good friends was prom queen and it was really exciting. Me and my friend Lara attempted to convince a lot of our classmates to vote for "Love and Some Verses" by Iron & Wine as one of the slow songs played during the night but only six people voted for it. My friend Mary and I got our hair done at Oliver's Studio beforehand and got lunch at Soda Fountain Square (RIP) all gussied up. Prom was only four years ago for me...I guess I remember a lot.

8. Do you have any famous ancestors?

Not that I'm aware of. My grandpa, when he served in World War II, met Humphrey Bogart. That's all I've got.

9. Last thing received in the mail?

I got my new Real Simple magazine (it's so thick! Ahhh!) and the census papers. Makes me feel official.

10. How many different beverages have you had today?

I had a juicebox at work today (remember, I work at a grade school), and also lots of water.

11. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine?

Oh yeah. They're long and winded and people usually call me back and say, "your message was so funny! I laughed!" when I hadn't intended that...

12. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?

I don't think I ever have.

13. Any plans for Friday night?

It's my mom's birthday. Apparently my dad has some ideas for the evening, but he hasn't told me anything yet.

14. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?

YES. So cute. I even bought some sea salt spray from Bath and Body Works in high school in hopes it would give me beach hair. It didn't.

15. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?

My dad used to get one from work every year.

16. Do you re-use towels after you shower?

...I wash my towels every two weeks. Does that answer the question? I shower more than once every two weeks...

17. Describe your keychain(s)?

Currently my keys are all on a SLU landyard thing, and I'm sporting only one keychain - a piece of toast. It's cute.

18. Where do you keep your change?

Some in my car, when I think to put it in there, but mostly in a huge snifter glass on my desk.

19. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?

I gave a presentation in my class of 30ish people. I suppose the last LARGE group of people speaking engagement was when I giving a retreat and there were 200ish seniors from various high schools a year or so ago.

20. What kind of winter coat do you own?

Black wool. Lots of straps and buttons and cute stuff. I like it.



Ugh. I guess I should finish my paper now.

No comments: