26 March 2010

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 14

a song that no one would expect you to love...

This is a rough one. I really enjoy most kinds of music - besides country and certain kinds of rap - and I'm not afraid to talk about it. Yes, the majority of music that I spend time listening to may put me in the "hipster" category but really...I still listen to Nobody's Angel and N*Sync sometimes, too. And Lauryn Hill. And Blackalicious. And Miles Davis, and Nirvana, and even DJ Shadow (leftover from the ex-boyfriend...)

And I don't mind talking about it. I don't hide the type of music I listen to.

So...I don't know what to pick for this day.

Okay, wait, I got it. I was singing "Get Up, Stand Up" by Bob Marley the other day and Pete said, "what is that song?" and I told him and he seemed a little confused, that 1) I knew all the words to a Bob Marley song and 2) that I listened to reggae.

I love reggae. It reminds me of Hilton Head.

No comments: