07 May 2009

Goin' to California...

Yes. Seriously. No, it's not Paris...I realized that there were too many restraints to allow myself to go to Europe over Christmas. I wouldn't be able to leave the Midwest until December 28, and then I'd have to be back by January 8 or 9 (to start student teaching...hfdkajsfkdfjfas!). And I would want to allow myself three weeks, at LEAST - rent an apartment, explore all the pretty buildings and places....anyways.

So, Pete and I were talking, and we're going to go to California instead! It's going to be awesome. I haven't been to CA for like four years...and I am SO excited to go back!

I used HomeAway to find some nice rental homes...but I think we could find hotels a bit cheaper? The plan (currently) is to stay to drive into LA, stay there for three nights, and then drive up the 101 to San Francisco, stay there for four days, and explore Muir Woods before we come back home. Sooo...

if ANYONE has ANY recommendations about hotels to stay in, restaurants to eat at, campsites to sleep at (I haven't been camping in a long time, either), museums to visit...I would LOVE your input. I loved when I was there in high school, but unfortunately I don't have my parents' budget...

Again- any input would make me SUPER DUPER happy! You guys are the best!



[redwoods! so excited! from here]

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

Let's talk sometime. Mike and I took our honeymoon in SF, and then in 2006 took the family to Yosemite, Kings Canyon, BIG SUR YOU MUST GO TO BIG SUR, and SF.

Sarah said...

Hey I'm a new reader, but in LA I suggest Griffth Observatory for sunrise or sunset, then breakfast (served all day) at the Alcove Cafe down the hill in Los Feliz. Also, the gelato place across the street is AMAZING!