01 January 2008

[hijacked from Liz Prince's blog, http://comicnrrd.livejournal.com
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Lived in an apartment with friends, as opposed to living at home with the family.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year, but I DID make 14 for 2008.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one close to me, but Jordan had a baby, which made me happy, and my cousin and his wife are pregnant, and one of my favorite teachers from high school adopted a baby.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
A neighbor, but I think that's it :(

5. What countries did you visit?
I wish I could put something under this question.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A savings account, more homemade goods, and a sense of security about my writing.

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably August 4th, the day that I had a cupcake party and then saw the Polyphonic Spree in the evening. GO SEE THE SPREE IF YOU EVER HAVE A CHANCE. You won't regret it, I promise.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Somehow juggling 18 credit hours, 10 hours of work a week, being an RA, and five meetings...and still getting straight A's [okay, so I got a C in my physical geography. Who cares?]

9. What was your biggest failure?
Self-doubt, not appreciating things that I had in front of me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Colds here and there, and a sinus infection at one point, I'm sure.

11. What was the best thing you bought?


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Pete's, because he has the patience of a saint. I wish that I could have the same amount of it.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
...one of my resolutions was to NOT talk about this stuff.

14. Where did most of your money go?
books, food, movies.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Living away from home in the summer, cupcakes, giggling, seeing Pete over the summer, meeting my girlies, and SEEING KATHLEEN.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Wilco's Sky Blue Sky, The Arcade Fire's Neon Bible, and Beirut's The Flying Club Cup. The single song, though, would be "D.A.N.C.E.", by Justice.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or Sadder? Happier
ii. Thinner or fatter? I've definitely put some pounds on.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, maybe.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Crafts, hanging with friends, watching new movies, WRITING, PAINTING.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time on the internet.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's, hanging out with the cousins and Kathleen.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
YES.

22. How many one-night stands?
NONE.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
I finally completed my Sex and the City collection (meaning that I have the whole series now), I watched countless episodes of Clone High and Arrested Development, and Pete kind of got me into Firefly. I wish I could have watched more Gossip Girl.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope.

25. What was the best book you read?
The Time Traveler's Wife or The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Yael Naim, Beirut, Bishop Allen, Club 8...I'm sure there are more. I don't remember.

27. What did you want and get?
Chance perfume, by Chanel.

28. What did you want and not get?
I'm quite content.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Juno or Wristcutters.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 19 and went to see the Decemberists in Champaign. It was AMAZING.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Comfort wear fiend attempting to look Hipster. I look more hipster now, I guess...when I feel like putting forth effort.

32. What kept you sane?
Pete, friends, good music (Jose Gonzalez, mostly), and daydreaming.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Maja Ivarrson. That will never change.

35. Who did you miss?
My family, Pete and college in the summer.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I'm probably gonna have to go with Colin Meloy on that one.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
ANYONE CAN COOK.

No comments: