20 August 2009

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Pete is starting a new blog. Remember when he created daily cinema? Well, summer is over for him (he started school again this week) and daily cinema has unofficially ended.

He bought a book called The Magicians, at the request of his friend Matt Essner. I'm excited to read it, eventually, because he literally could NOT put it down. And honestly? Pete doesn't read all that much, so this was a big deal.

Anyways. The Magicians reminded him a lot of The Chronicles of Narnia - hence, his new blog. He plans on reading through all seven of the Chronicles book and recounting the chapters on the blog. He'll talk about what he thought of the reading, his memories of reading it in 5th and 6th grade, and stuff like that. I'm really proud of him for committing himself to another project.



So, about 10 minutes ago, he passed me the first book - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and told me to read the inscription. It's so sweet, I had to show/tell you.

"My dear Lucy,

I wrote this story for you, but when I began it I had not realized that girls grow quicker than books. As a result you are already too old for fairy tales, and by the time it is printed and bound you will be older still. But some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again. You can then take it down from some upper shelf, dust it, and tell me what you think of it. I shall probably be too deaf to hear, and too old understand a word you say, but I shall still be

your affectionate Godfather,
C.S Lewis"

How amazing is that? Brought tears to my eyes.

Anyways. I'm excited to see what all Pete does with his blog. Keep an eye on it if you want! He's pretty funny.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I will certainly give that a try. I never made it past the first book, honestly. I read it out loud to the girls about a year ago, after having not read it since 5th grade or so. I want to be more impressed than I am. So I will see what Pete has to say.