11 January 2010

Something's Gotta Give!

Even though today was my first day of school back, I've been feeling very, VERY overwhelmed. Why, you ask? Well...I'm in French 210, to start. The last time I sat in a French class was three and a half years ago. Walking into class today basically told me that I don't remember very much. More than I thought, I guess, but...not enough to persevere in this class. There is no option of not doing well. It's my last semester and I need to get a really, really good grade. I would love to close out my college career with straight A's. I've always been soooooooooo close.

Then there's my other classes. I've only had one other so far (Christian Beliefs) and it doesn't seem too bad. I'm taking two theology, one philosophy, and one English class, in addition to the French. Also, an independent study. Which will probably be easy. I think I just have to write a big paper and I'm good at those.

Outside of school, there's...well, everything else. Wedding planning. Saving money. Getting to work on time. Waiting to hear back from the RFT. Thinking about finding other jobs in the future. Trying to be a good fiance to Pete - as in, talking to him. We hardly saw each other last week, and that was when only one of us was in school. This week, both of us are back in classes and basically we won't see each other at all.

The whole situation reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld (surprise, surprise). It's from one of the most famous episodes - "The Contest" - and Jerry is complaining to Kramer about everything going on. "Meanwhile I'm dating a virgin, I'm in this contest - something's gotta give!"

No comments: